Sensors Safety Badge Program
Diffusive Sampler (or passive dosimeter) monitoring is an accepted and reliable sampling practice that will enable you to reduce your employees' exposure to hazardous chemicals. Identification and control of toxic chemicals will protect the safety of your employee(s) and help comply with the laws and standards of regulatory agencies.
A Badge Program will:
- Give you real TWA and STEL exposures, not estimates
- Help you evaluate individual differences in employee work practices by comparing results of employees doing the same jobs
- Allow you to measure exposure without interference from an "expert observer" during onsite visits
- Permit you to test immediately if employee(s) complains or if other situations call for fast action
- Document that a "difficult employee" is not being overexposed to hazardous chemicals
Sensors recommends at least semi-annual testing based on OSHA documentation stating that seasonal changes in the air handling system may negate previous testing. Additionally, JCAHO requires that you review your safety plan twice yearly.