Reasons to Monitor Harmful Vapors
Protect your employees' health by meeting safety regulations.
- Joint Commission recommends semi-annual monitoring on all hazardous chemicals.
- If there is a change in production, process, personnel, or control measures.
- Closing of facility doors or windows.
- Changes in ventilation from season to season. Decreases in ventilation efficiency or abrupt failure of engineering control equipment.
- Changes in the production process or work habits of the employees.
- From a liability standpoint, a supervisor as well as the facility is left wide open for problems if an employee develops any type of health problems.
- If a spill or leak occurs, the person cleaning up must have on a passive dosimeter and then the area needs to be checked again after the cleanup has been completed.